Wednesday, October 12, 2005

That's Amare' !

Anyone who knows basketball knows who Amare Stoudamire is. The Phoenix Suns young stud just signed a contract for $70 mill. all well and good, so the next day he goes to the doctor for a knee ailment and within 2 more days has surgery that requires 4 months of rehab and healing! I want my money back! I hope that the Sun's stay in contention that long, but most players that have had this surgery in basketball are never the same. Ever hear of Grunt Hill? No, it had nothing to do with the American Revolution! In Phoenix we had hopes of doing it all this year. Now we hope for a chance to slide into the playoffs. The big question here is: Why did the Sun's sign him for that much if they knew he was hurting? or Why did Amare' wait until after he got the cash, when he could have done the surgery before the Summer break? Greed is rampant in pro sports and maybe they should throw away every form of integrity we hold for our sports idols. I think the state of sports reminds me of an old film, rollerball. Character lacks in most superstars and those that have it aren't recognized for it! When I was a kid, I dreamed of the heroics of Brooks Robinson or mammoth homers from Pops Stargell. What does my son see? Athletes with unbelieveable physiques that come form more than working out. I'll rant about steroids another day, but greed is just as bad, because it makes things unfair for those that live by quality standards. Heal well Amare', you have youth on your side, but remember this, you'll only win a title when you put the team first!!!!

No comments: