Monday, October 31, 2005

Master of What?

Well well! I just finished my final Action Research Proposal to the University of Phoenix online Master's program. After beginning it in February of 2004, It took less than two full years to complete. It ended up costing me quite a bit, financially and personally. I will have no regrets because I strove to complete it, ended with a solid A average and will probably get another Master's, beginning the New Year, because I am sadistic! No, I want to get to the top of my district's payscale before I retire. Yes, retire! Because I've been teaching for 18 years in my district, you add that to your age and that's how many points you have earned for district retirement. I have to date 65 points out of 80. I'd have had 71 points if I hadn't taken my retirement out in the mid-80's, when my district riffed me, and I used the money to buy a house. Things have worked out for the best because now I'm using my last years to get to the top of the scale to increase my retirement benefits. As far as the Master's goes, I have a degree in Technology in Education. It opens up a field of education I am interested in and can finish being a lab tech coordinator or something along the lines with any district! Sale-ability! I love my current job, but I've been in Special Education since I was a Junior in High School. My family would say I should have been in it from 1st grade on! ;) Time is my ally and my enemy at this point of my life. My near future is exciting but there isn't as much left as there used to be.

No comments: